- No persons under age 18 on any walks at this time.
- No dogs on any walk any time.
- ALL Walks are for MEMBERS ONLY – no guests.
- COVID-19 – ALL WALKERS – on ALL walks please carry hand sanitizer for routine use AND personal facemask for use in emergency.
- ALL Walks subject to last minute changes.
- NOTICE – we are trialling a new system for reserving a place on the walks to limit numbers to 15. First come first served. We apologise for the inconvenience..
Walk types are defined here. Please do not attempt a walk which is beyond your capabilities.
- One Day soon – Intermediate Walk – Ahakista- Rosskerrig –
- Reserve your place – see email for details. Limited to 15 current Members only.
- Meet Ahakista 10.15am for prompt 10.30 departure.
- Location TBC. See MAP here.
- 10km, 350m ascent, 4 hours
- Full waterproofs and lunch/drink required.
- Route up Mass path, follow ridge over Rosskerrig, back via old military road to Ahakista.
- Contact Walk Leader – 087 6853014
Walks programme for Jan-June 2021.
This is work in progress because the Covid regulations keep changing and this has a huge impact on what we can do.
Normally, the programme is a four week cycle with walks every Sunday and occasionally a weekend away. Typically, we have four grades of walk as follows:
- Week 1 – Easy Walk – nice and easy as the name suggests – about 2 hours
- Week 2 – Intermediate Walk – mixed terrain with some road and some off-road – about 3 hours
- Week 3 – Road Walk – generally all on the road – 3-4 hours depending on location and time of year
- Week 4 – Hill Walk – largely off-road, rough ground – 3-5 hours depending on route and weather etc.
- Week 5 – Easy Walk etc etc
When things return to normal we will draw up a programme for the current six months of the year.