- No persons under age 18 on any walks at this time.
- No dogs on any walk, any time.
- COVID-19 – ALL WALKERS – on ALL walks please carry sanitizer AND personal facemask.
- Walk types are defined here. Please do not attempt a walk which is beyond your capabilities.
- All walks subject to last minute changes – please check here before departure.
NOTE – New Walkers’ & Leaders’ Guidelines HERE
2022 Walks Programme (July-Dec) – Click HERE for PDF download.
9th October. Intermediate Walk. Barnageehy- Durrus (Linear). (DB)
- Meet 10h00 at Forest entrance ~0.5km west of Barnageehy.
- From the N75 (Ballydehob to Bantry road) turn west onto the L8722 at Barnageehy to the usual car park in Glanlough, approx 0.5km in.
- Map here –> https://goo.gl/maps/EUkmc7shQvwyTmKJ8
- ~10km, less than 300m ascent, 3-4 hours.
- Please note – this is a linear walk and a car shuttle will be needed so PLEASE notify Desmond Barry in advance by SMS TXT if you are intending to walk.
16th October. Easy Walk, Clonakilty (RK)
- Meet 13h45. Clonakilty R.C. Church Car Park
- Map HERE. –> https://goo.gl/maps/4GGJvtEHZrVwh3cF9
- Walk details to follow.
23rd October. Hill Walk. Mullaghanish. (PO’C & DB)
- Meet 10h00, The Mills, Ballyvourney.
- Map HERE. –> https://goo.gl/maps/NgsG3YMUkPHvmjEr6
- Walk Details to follow.
- NOTE – Not the SHW Baran Loop as previously listed.
30th October. Road Walk. Reenascreena. (BO’B)
- Meet 13h45. Cahermore Cross (parking in farmer’s field)
- Map HERE (awaiting confirmation). –> https://goo.gl/maps/VQHisFbtto69YkCx9
- Distance: 6kms.(parts off road – one steep hill towards Ring fort)
- Wear walking boots and Hi-Viz please.
- Directions from Skibbereen. Take a left after crossing the Causeway in Rosscarbery. Turn right at the T-Junction towards Reenascreena, (at the old convent) and go about 1.3km to cross roads.